Piece of garbage

macOS specific usage questions
VLC sucks

Piece of garbage

Postby VLC sucks » 04 Feb 2006 23:47

What is the point of this software. I have been hoping that the bugs would get worked out of it but it just keeps getting worse. It is an absolute piece of crap. It does not play and MPEGs or AVI's just keeps crashing...Maybe you guys should pull the plug on the Mac version and put VLC out of its misery.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 05 Feb 2006 01:58

Constructive criticism :D
And really non helpful. It's free my friend. if you don't like it, don't use it.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 05 Feb 2006 01:59

I find it interesting how some people are so quick to judge others and never think twice about looking at themselves first.

It seems that in every Forum here the greater majority of people love VLC, but every once in awhile there is some one that really hates it and the problem(s) they have with it completely eludes them.

I have been using VLC for quite a while and have stuck with it through 3 versions as I continue to watch it grow to support more formats, containers and features. Sure it has its oddities and what program doesn't?

Have you ever even considered that the problem with VLC may be you?

If I am wrong, then why is the overwhelming majority of people here (even though they have problems) still in love with VLC?

I'm sorry! I really don't believe stupidity is the answer. Except for the one thinking it.
:lol:

wesley
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wesley » 05 Feb 2006 07:43

There's also a possibility that his system is not in a proper condition (.plist problem or otherwise), which prevents him from playing video files normally.
I mean, it must be that he's getting lots of errors regardless of the file he's
throwing at it.

I dunno, he could maybe try doing a clean install of the system one of these
days or delete the .plist, or remove any possibly conflicting software, and
try again, but he's not telling us any details, he's not even registered, while
just simply blurting out nothing of redeeming value. I don't think that would
motivate a lot of people to help him out.

Re: Piece of garbage

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2006 00:40

What is the point of this software. I have been hoping that the bugs would get worked out of it but it just keeps getting worse. It is an absolute piece of crap. It does not play and MPEGs or AVI's just keeps crashing...Maybe you guys should pull the plug on the Mac version and put VLC out of its misery.
So what?

VLC works well here, I use it a lot and I don't need another player (or any codec). VLC have some issues, but is the best Mac Media Player. Needs more tools, more controls. But I love it and don't wanna stop to use it.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”