Streaming video to smart tv

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Links2
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming video to smart tv

Postby Links2 » 14 Nov 2020 19:42

Hi, I have been following instructions on how to stream video from my laptop to my Samsung Smart TV. I went to the Stream option in VLC, added the file I wish to view, then went to Capture Device tab where I selected "Desktop" in the front of the Capture Mode option (as per the instructions). I then clicked on Stream button. It then brought me to the Stream Output screen where I believe I should be seeing the added file location in the "Source" box. I am not seeing anything there. There are more steps that I have followed but I believe I am getting hung up at this particular step.
Can anyone tell me why it wouldn't transfer over from where I added the file? I can complete the rest of the instructional steps but I cannot get anything to go to the TV.

I am not sure if I can add a link to this post to show the instructions I am following. I will try so hopefully I am not punished for doing so. I am not advertising anything, just wanting to show the instructions I am going by.

https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/ ... to-tv.html

If anyone can provide guidance it would be much appreciated. Currently in order to watch movies using my laptop I am using an app called Smartview. I am getting movies where a few of them are subtitled and I cannot remove those subtitles using the Smartview app. I would prefer to use VLC.

thanks in advance.

DonBn08
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Streaming video to smart tv

Postby DonBn08 » 15 Mar 2021 04:12

Try using an older version of vlc. YT vid demo process "Stream Windows 7/10 Desktop To Multiple VLC". There is also a video on streaming videos and dvds to Smart TV.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”