3.3.1 showing new video as already played

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
fidorulz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

3.3.1 showing new video as already played

Postby fidorulz » 19 Oct 2020 04:11

So noticed since the last update sometimes with new videos VLC will show as if the video was ready partially played

If I click on it it's as if I have already started watching it

Is this a known bug?

Using it on Samsung note 10+

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: 3.3.1 showing new video as already played

Postby Aza » 19 Oct 2020 08:12

This is not a known issue. If you could reproduce the issue, it would be really helpful if you could share your database with us.
To do so, go to Settings > Advanced > Dump media database.
You can then find a file called "vlc_media.db" on your internal memory root directory.
Then share this file with the sharing service you prefer (Google Drive, Dropbox, pastebin...).
Please, keep it mind that this file will contain all of your scanned media files, so you may want to share it by private message to me.

fidorulz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby fidorulz » 20 Oct 2020 00:40

This is not a known issue. If you could reproduce the issue, it would be really helpful if you could share your database with us.
To do so, go to Settings > Advanced > Dump media database.
You can then find a file called "vlc_media.db" on your internal memory root directory.
Then share this file with the sharing service you prefer (Google Drive, Dropbox, pastebin...).
Please, keep it mind that this file will contain all of your scanned media files, so you may want to share it by private message to me.
I PM u the info

Aza
Developer
Developer

Postby Aza » 21 Oct 2020 06:58

Now that I have your db, I can confirm that the last video you downloaded has the following metadata:
Progress: 1min20
Speed: 2.5
Audio delay: 0

What is weird is that these metadata are only written when a video is played. We will investigate to see what happens here.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”