Android Auto not showing Directory folder navigation option

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
wehrp
New Cone
New Cone

Android Auto not showing Directory folder navigation option

Postby wehrp » 28 Jun 2020 01:14

I love VLC because of the directory option since all my music is stored in individual folders. This is one of the few apps to offer this option. I just got a new car stereo with Android Auto. The VLC app does appear as an option however when opening the app, there is no option to navigate to the different folder directories. Why is this option not available? Thanks Peter

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: Android Auto not showing Directory folder navigation option

Postby Aza » 29 Jun 2020 06:33

What is your VLC version? Do you have content scanned in VLC? Could you please share a screenshot / photograph of what is shown when you open VLC on your Android Auto device?

wehrp
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wehrp » 29 Jun 2020 21:44

Hi I am using VLC 3.2.12. Yes I have the option selected to always scan upon opening the app.
I don't see an option to attach screen shots here?
I will look how I can do that...but in Android Auto am presented with Shuffle All, Last Added, History, Artists, Playlists, Album , Songs, Genres . There is no option for directories. Any help would be greatly appreciated... I would be a great app if I can get that working...thanks

Aza
Developer
Developer

Postby Aza » 30 Jun 2020 07:19

There is indeed no option to browse your device as it may be distractive (which is not really the point in a car). All your indexed music should however be available in the Artists, Album ans Songs categories.

wehrp
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wehrp » 30 Jun 2020 14:33

Thank you for this confirmation and thanks for your support. Not going to disagree but in my own opinion scrolling through folder names is not different than scrolling through a list of Artists, Albums or songs. There are other apps which support this so was wondering if VLC did. Thank you for your help on this.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”