Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 streaming audio and video with VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
KreAture

Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 streaming audio and video with VLC

Postby KreAture » 22 Jan 2006 00:28

I thought I'd post this here as all I found were hints and ideas, no real facts on exactly how to get this working.

The problem is Hauppauge which has changed how their drivers work. New drivers don't supply the audio capture interface for VLC.

To get the audio interface you have to downgrade the drivers. They can not be found at Hauppauge's website, but are available on ftp via URL below.
ftp://ftp.hauppauge.com/Support/PVR150/ ... INF22a.zip

With this driver installed you can get audio working. To configure audio correctly, you may need to tick off "device propertys" in advanced options as you need to configure the crossover filter.

Other tips for this driver:
- To get half and quarter rez data you need to change to Mpeg1 profile. This will deliver HCW1 data instead of HCW2.

Sad we have to go this route to get this working, but it does work.

e6964822
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby e6964822 » 26 Jan 2006 10:37

Thank you very mush. I have the 150 capture card and I do the thing that you say. And now the audio capture it is ok.

It is unclear to me if it is actually possible to stream live audio/video in compressed format (MPEG2) from a Hauppauge PVR-150 encoder card using VLC for Windows.
More specifically, I want to stream the compressed data served by the Hauppauge onboard encoder instead of having VLC transcode the raw audio/video data.

It is possible with the 350 captue card?

The DirectShow frontend in VLC will only recognise the capture filters audio and video output pins (the "Audio Out" and "Capture" pins on the "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture" filter).
To get access to the MPEG2 PS stream directly from the hardware encoder it is necessary to connect to the "MPEG" output pin on the "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder" filter. The encoder filter itself must be connected to the capture filters "656" output pin.

My question is: Is it possible to instruct VLC to include the "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder" filter in its graph and to directly stream the output from the "MPEG" pin?

Thanks

snipe122
New Cone
New Cone

Postby snipe122 » 12 Dec 2006 22:17

Where can I configure the CROSSOVER-FILTER??!!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”