Access to my computer files from Smart TV

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Maniche88
New Cone
New Cone

Access to my computer files from Smart TV

Postby Maniche88 » 06 Apr 2020 21:46

Good night people,

I've been looking for this solution all around the web, youtube videos and every guide i could find, but none are what im looking for. I ll put you on background.

A few years ago, i had the VLC app in my phone, and i use it as my remote to control my laptop from my bed. I could also select some files from my computer, so when i finished one movie, i could just look from my phone through the files i choosed when i configurated it (3 files, personal videos/photos, movies and series) and i just had to choose which one i wanted to see on my laptop.

This last christmas, i bought a Smart Tv, and after i installed the VLC app, i gladly see that all 3 files appeared on my "local red" in the app, where i could just pick up what i wanted to see without having to go to the other room where the computer is. This was really useful since i just needed my computer on and nothing else, i can be in the living room and just choose from there.

But, a few weeks ago, my laptop died. I bought a new one, but i just cant do the same i did years ago about choosing those files, so now i cant walk through my choosen laptop files. I know i can just use the VLC option for broadcasting, but that force me to go to the laptop every single time i want to change, instead of just choosing it from my tv.

Anyone knows how to solve this? Please, i would really appreciate. Thanks in advance and take care!

Maniche88
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Access to my computer files from Smart TV

Postby Maniche88 » 07 Apr 2020 18:17

Anybody? please ? :(

#thweiss
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby #thweiss » 07 Apr 2020 19:44

Perhaps is the Solution sharing Media (Universal Plag and Play - UPnP) in your Computer.

- https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001367.htm

Maniche88
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Maniche88 » 07 Apr 2020 22:33

I tried but it was already good, but thanks!!

Any other ideas?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”