Change folder for image out files

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
anse
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Change folder for image out files

Postby anse » 18 Jan 2006 19:08

How do I set a different folder for the image out option? Now all the images grabbed from the video stream outputs to the VLC startup folder.

I have tried the --snapshot-path option, but I suppose that one only works for snapshots, not the image video output.

Anders

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 20 Jan 2006 00:08

In open file. settings, the first box in stream output is destination target. Fill it in!

anse
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby anse » 20 Jan 2006 13:47

Maybe I am a silly newbie, but that doesn't work.

I know I should use Destionation Target when using sout to stream the videofile, but this is just a question about the location of the image files (frames) grabbed from the video at certain intervals during playback (output module 'image video out'), not the transcoded video file..

Anders

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 20 Jan 2006 20:53

Maybe I am a silly newbie, but that doesn't work.

I know I should use Destionation Target when using sout to stream the videofile, but this is just a question about the location of the image files (frames) grabbed from the video at certain intervals during playback (output module 'image video out'), not the transcoded video file..

Anders
Sorry! Misunderstood the question.

Go to: Miscellaneous, Preferences, Video and under Snapshot fill in the box marked "Video snapshot directory" or select Browse. :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”