Navigating to VLC Android NETWORK Subtitles Directories

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
UltraFusion
New Cone
New Cone

Navigating to VLC Android NETWORK Subtitles Directories

Postby UltraFusion » 22 Feb 2020 16:16

I’m using VLC (latest version) on my Android TV box. As a rule it works great and I’m able to display SRT subtitles when watching a video.

However on some occasions VLC does not see/read/display the SRT subs. FYI – the SRT file is fine, in the same directory and the file name is identical to the MKV movie name (but of course with the .srt extension). I’m watching the movies over a LAN and the Android box is properly wifi’d to my PC.
And alternatively if I open the same movie using MX Player the video plays fine and I have no problem seeing the SRT subs.

To try and work around this when using VLC, while watching the movie I try, by clicking on the screen and selecting the VLC Subtitle icon, to open the Subtitles directory – and attempt to navigate to the network directory where I have the mkv and srt files stored.
But when selecting the VLC Subtitles icon I can only see;

Directories
☐ Internal memory
☐ OTG Device

There is no reference to my network folder – so my question is how would I navigate to my network location to select the SRT file from there ?

P.S. If you click on Directories, OTG Device disappears.

sling-shot
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Navigating to VLC Android NETWORK Subtitles Directories

Postby sling-shot » 02 Mar 2020 18:54

I am using an Android 9 Sony Xperia XZ1. VLC does not auto-load subtitles from SD card in situation like this. Same file name, same directory, SRT file.

Device is different but symptom is same.
I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am perfect.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”