Some YouTube videos not working

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
adtsolutions
New Cone
New Cone

Some YouTube videos not working

Postby adtsolutions » 20 Nov 2019 17:53

Some YouTube videos aren't working to stream through VLC. I've normally been using VLC to stream and download YouTube videos for this tv series, but a few episodes will not work (most don't have a problem). When I initially set up to stream the YouTube video, the YouTube thumbnail for the video initially loads in VLC, for a couple seconds and then it disappears and the video won't load. Other online YouTube video downloaders also can't download these videos. Not sure how to fix it. I updated my VLC player last night as well to make sure I have the latest version. Any thoughts?

Here's the link of the video I can't get to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT6V-pfUCNE

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Some YouTube videos not working

Postby mederi » 20 Nov 2019 22:01

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=150515#p494808

adtsolutions
New Cone
New Cone

Postby adtsolutions » 21 Nov 2019 07:46

"Seriously? That's all it was?!!"

@mederi: Your solution worked. So strange that that's what the hangup is. Thank you so much for the solution. Worked like a charm.

Rorchach91
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Rorchach91 » 26 May 2020 08:18

That weird..
I am wondering why and how the mechanic running background that causing this issue & could be fixed in such a strange way?

Is there anything related to codec? I've heard the AV1 codec sometimes processing the similar problem, too

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”