It's been a long time since I was here last .

Feature requests for VLC.
dntknwhw2b
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: newest
Operating System: Win 7 SP1

It's been a long time since I was here last .

Postby dntknwhw2b » 19 Sep 2019 02:12

Hello people of video lan . Boy it really has been a long time . I don't do forums so much . They are to much like facebook . Everything you write here is kept forever .
I do have a request to make .

I just finished watching a movie , via video lan . I constantly had to keep my finger on the wheel of my mouse . Turning the volume up and down throughout the entire movie .
I had to turn up the volume every time some dialog started . Then each time some action sean started the sound ether background noise or music became so loud my hair would blow back from the increase in the volume . I'm disabled and use my large screen TV for my desktop and a sound system from the mid 1970s . 400 watts per channel on a pair of speakers that weigh about 70 lbs. each . VERY loud ! I'm sure others have something of the same in the home . So , here is my request . I would like for someone to make a volume leveler . Add it to the button where the equalizer is kept . a simple on , off would be good . I've found some online but they are so expensive . So let my start by saying that you for just giving me the time of your day . I hope someone will find this interesting .
dntknwhw2b // Don't Know How Too Be // It's still better than a wanna-be.

VLC Entusiast
New Cone
New Cone

Re: It's been a long time since I was here last .

Postby VLC Entusiast » 19 Sep 2019 14:17

Just use Sound Lock, it's a software that limit the max volume level without lowering the minimum audible volume level.
Eg.: you set the lock to 30 db. Every sound over 30 db will be "reduced" to 30 db, but sound under 30 db will stay at the volume you choose.

Site and download:
https : // www . 3appes . com / sound-lock /

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”