[RELEASE] VLC Scheduler — basic automation & scheduling for VLC media player

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Dae
New Cone
New Cone

[RELEASE] VLC Scheduler — basic automation & scheduling for VLC media player

Postby Dae » 26 Sep 2018 20:57

I've created a tiny companion to VLC called VLC Scheduler.

Do you have a TV screen that plays some media content non-stop? Do you want some of the content to play in the morning, and the rest during the rest of the day? Do you want to add new content to VLC as easily as dragging the file into a folder? VLC Scheduler was made exactly for such purposes.

More information & downloads:
https://github.com/EugeneDae/VLC-Scheduler

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: [RELEASE] VLC Scheduler — basic automation & scheduling for VLC media player

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 10 Feb 2019 22:31

cool.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

jhjorsal
New Cone
New Cone

Re: [RELEASE] VLC Scheduler — basic automation & scheduling for VLC media player

Postby jhjorsal » 03 Jul 2019 13:54

Hello out there
Have been playing a little with VLC Scheduler, great script. I just want to hear if anyone has made the script work so that it starts playing a movie, for example every other hour.

ksaveit
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ksaveit » 31 Jul 2019 19:21

I tried a basic setup to play a video and it will launch VLC but the video won't play. Any ideas on what could cause this?

anon6969
New Cone
New Cone

Postby anon6969 » 13 Sep 2019 20:55

Does anyone have any video or something on how the hell to set this --please stay polite-- up??? I have no clue how to get this up and running and this app would be a great help to me.

drno88
New Cone
New Cone

Postby drno88 » 05 Dec 2019 08:40

Does anyone have any video or something on how the hell to set this --please stay polite-- up??? I have no clue how to get this up and running and this app would be a great help to me.
What exactly is your problem? Under Windows everything works for me without problems, I downloaded the exe file.
Now I'm trying to collect under Linux, I hope it works out

Timoboy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Timoboy » 16 Dec 2019 13:31

Hi this addon would be perfect for my needs. but I can't get it to run on windows.
I added my file path to the file. now when I try to run it it runs for like a sec and then closes again. using screenshots to finally capture the error message it says that the path to vlc is incorrect. so i added the root folder of vlc to the file but it gives me the same error. Please help

d4k
New Cone
New Cone

Postby d4k » 23 Dec 2021 16:21

Hi!
I tried to run VLC Scheduler script on Ubuntu 20.04.3 (Python 3.8.10), but was getting this error, despite doing everything by the manual on github:

Code: Select all

(venv) administrator@d4k-work:~/vlc-sched$ python src/vlcscheduler.py [12:24:54] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/administrator/vlc-sched/src/config.py", line 143, in <module> check_config() File "/home/administrator/vlc-sched/src/config.py", line 137, in check_config if not os.path.isfile(config.VLC['path']): KeyError: 'path'
It turns out, you have to add path to vlc binary to vlcscheduler.yaml, like shown in example:
https://github.com/EugeneDae/VLC-Schedu ... ample.yaml
although the manual states it's not mandatory.

with that, it strarted fine and I'm excited to play with it!
Thanks for making the Scheduler!

BZLederman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby BZLederman » 25 Nov 2023 19:34

Could someone at least please explain how to get the documentation? Maybe it's just me, but when I go do GitHub I cannot find a way to get the documentation now matter how long I look or what I try. Without the documentation it's absolutely impossible to make any sense out of what I see here or even get started on trying this out. I think this would be a very, very useful feature for many people if there was just a simple incomprehensible description of how to make it work.

Return to “Web and scripting”