Enable ReplayGain for audio files

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
laleyenda
New Cone
New Cone

Enable ReplayGain for audio files

Postby laleyenda » 29 May 2014 10:19

Hi Guys!

I'm having a problem with VLC 2.1.3.

I don't know why, but I can't enable Replay Gain by track or album for my audio files. It doesn't working despite I have enabled it from Preferences/Audio.
Actually my music library is AAC, M4A and ALAC audio format based. But I tested with mp3 format and neither worked well.
I'm surprised that VLC at this point of it's development, doesn't have a fully functional Replay Gain function. This is a basic and essential function for audio playback.

I'm using an Asus Xonar DG with GX 2.5 enabled. Windows 7 Ultimate. VLC 2.1.3.

Greetings!

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: Enable ReplayGain for audio files

Postby CloudStalker » 07 Jun 2014 06:48

Hi, laleyenda. :]
When you go to Tools > Preferences > Audio do the settings changes that you've made appear to stick? Have you tried changing these settings in the advanced preferences?

laleyenda
New Cone
New Cone

Postby laleyenda » 08 Jun 2014 06:02

Yes. I have made that. And I tested exit and run again VLC Player but stills not work.
My hypothesis is that VLC doesn't read correctly advanced Metadata from different audio file formats. Why am I saying this? Because when I play a song in M4A Format (Mpeg AAC codec) for example, there is no information shown at Tools/Media Information (Ctrl+I)/Metadata and /Codec about ReplayGain. This happens with MP3, M4A and ALAC M4A file formats.
But, on the other hand, If I play a FLAC audio file, VLC shows Replay Gain information correctly and normally at Tools/Media Information/Metadata and /Codec.
The Developer should find a way that VLC read correctly advanced metadata for all audio file formats, by the same way it does with FLAC audio files.
Is my humble opinion and knowledge about this issue. I hope this serve as help for further version of VLC Player.

Thanks "Cloudy" for your answer an attention hehe!

withoutCD
New Cone
New Cone

Postby withoutCD » 25 Mar 2019 16:11

Hello,
I'am new here and need some help.

All my FLAC audio files are coded with ReplayGain by dbpoweramp. VLC shows correctly metadatas with gain adjustments and gain preferences are correctly set (I think so?). But VLC does not follow metadata. Volume level is equal the same - with or without. What could be the reason?

Kind regards!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”