re-use window, jump to click, double size shortcut

Feature requests for VLC.
michaelX

re-use window, jump to click, double size shortcut

Postby michaelX » 05 Jan 2006 14:12

These would be my humble three requests for a future version (which will hopefully appear in the face of current legal problems):

- re-use existing window: if I start three videos after one another I get three instances of vlc. I'd rather re-use the existing one, works faster, less clutter.

- jump to click: If I click into the scoll bar I'd like vlc to stop where I clicked and not somewhere in the vicinity.

- double size: A "double size this window" keyboard shortcut would be very nice, a triple and a half-size as well.
With Ctrl+/Ctrl- e.g.

Forgive me if these were mentioned a hunderd times before, I did use the search and couldn't find anything reasonable.

I keep my fingers crossed for your future, best video player ever!

m

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 05 Jan 2006 20:33

- re-use existing window: if I start three videos after one another I get three instances of vlc. I'd rather re-use the existing one, works faster, less clutter.
Settings - Preferences - Advanced - Other - on the right site check "Allow only one running instance" - Save and restart VLC.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Mahonni

Postby Mahonni » 22 Apr 2006 19:12

- jump to click: If I click into the scoll bar I'd like vlc to stop where I clicked and not somewhere in the vicinity.
Yeah, I don't know why this isn't fixed yet. IMO it'd be a really useful and obvious function.

I couldn't find anything but that in the forum, isn't there anybody else who thinks that this should be changed? :?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 22 Apr 2006 19:44

We already answered this question 100 times. This is due to the wxWidgets library we use for the win/linux interface. We can't change its behavior even though we would love to.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

rav0
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rav0 » 23 Apr 2006 12:09

Jump to click works in all skins which I've tried.

loraksus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby loraksus » 06 Jan 2007 12:01

Settings - Preferences - Advanced - Other - on the right site check "Allow only one running instance" - Save and restart VLC.
erbsen
Was this changed in 0.8.6 to be the default setting or am I going crazy?

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”