Won't play audio on certain files on android galaxy s8

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
jackzucker2000
New Cone
New Cone

Won't play audio on certain files on android galaxy s8

Postby jackzucker2000 » 17 May 2018 16:10

Just bought a galaxy s8. I've been using VLC for years on ios, android and PC. In this particular case, it's not a particular file format but in certain MP4 files, there is no audio. The same files play audio just fine using other media players and not all MP4 files do not play audio in VLC. Unfortunately, the help for this problem on VLC claims that the file is corrupt but obviously that's not the case since I can play the file with audio using other players. I've tried switching the audio output method in VLC but it does not help.

Oh, one more piece of data. The playback in this situation is playing the file through a lan connection. I have not tried copying the file to the device to see if that makes a difference. Also, VLC plays sound for these particular files when they are played on the host device using the windows version of VLC.

Anyone else seeing (hearing) this and have a solution?

jackzucker2000
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Won't play audio on certain files on android galaxy s8

Postby jackzucker2000 » 20 May 2018 05:16

anyone?

Crazed_by_Penguins
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Crazed_by_Penguins » 20 May 2018 09:26

Could you try copying the file to the device and see if that works, and then upload a sample file that you're seeing the issue with so we can try to reproduce the issue ourselves?

jackzucker2000
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jackzucker2000 » 20 May 2018 13:17

sure, i can do that.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”