VLC player hangs on Menu

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
roninnaples
New Cone
New Cone

VLC player hangs on Menu

Postby roninnaples » 18 Jan 2018 20:54

When I try to play a DVD with VLC player, the DVD starts with VLC, then stops immediately. I can start VLC manually, go to Media, then Open Disc, and place a checkmark in the No Disk Menus box, then Play and it will then play the DVD OK. How can I either bypass the DVD Menu, or get VLC to open and display the DVD menu? The DVDs open automatically and play fine in Windows DVD Player. Any help appreciated.

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Re: VLC player hangs on Menu

Postby robUx4 » 19 Jan 2018 14:05

Can you try with VLC 3.0 Release Candidate ? You can find it here: https://nightlies.videolan.org/

There are a lot of fixes in that build, maybe your issue is fixed.

roninnaples
New Cone
New Cone

Postby roninnaples » 24 Jan 2018 03:29

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried VLC 3.0 and result is the same. VLC starts, opens the DVD, then stops. I can force it to ignore the menu and it plays OK. I installed on another windows 10 PC and same results. However, a neighbor uses same version I use and it works A-OK with the same DVD. Frustrating!

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Postby robUx4 » 24 Jan 2018 12:16

Can you provides some detailed logs (verbosity set to 2) ? Possibly when it doesn't work, and when it works (forcing to ignore the menu).

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”