Few bugs with 2.5.12 update with Playlists.

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
mapierce314
New Cone
New Cone

Few bugs with 2.5.12 update with Playlists.

Postby mapierce314 » 01 Dec 2017 17:06

It looks like .m3u files aren't recognized as playlists anymore? I head over to the Playlists tab on the Audio page, and the page lists "No playlist found." When I go instead to Directories > Music > Radio where I keep all my .m3u files, I can play them from there fine, but the little traffic cone icon next to each .m3u file has a question mark in it.

hofi
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Few bugs with 2.5.12 update

Postby hofi » 02 Dec 2017 12:37

Exactly as described:
It looks like .m3u files aren't recognized as playlists anymore? I head over to the Playlists tab on the Audio page, and the page lists "No playlist found." When I go instead to Directories > Music > Radio where I keep all my .m3u files, I can play them from there fine, but the little traffic cone icon next to each .m3u file has a question mark in it.
Applies to xspf playlists too, and playlist files are no more accepted when opening playlist file in filemanager (MK Explorer App)

CherylLuz
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 4.0
Operating System: Linux/Win/Android

Re: Few bugs with 2.5.12 update

Postby CherylLuz » 04 Dec 2017 00:27

The support of playlist files will be back in the next beta version:
As you may know, the entire Media Library back-end of VLC for Android has changed to a native cross platform library (to be used by all VLC ports). The next version will import playlist files (and synced if the file changes), and add them to the playlist menu.

Sorry for the regression, work has been done to remake this feature properly.

Also people who have made playlists inside the previous version of the app won't find them on the 2.5.12 update, as it need to import from the old back-end. As long as the app isn't uninstalled/app data wiped, we can recover those in future update.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Few bugs with 2.5.12 update with Playlists.

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 04 Dec 2017 13:31

Those will come back soon.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”