ActiveX and RC

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
retched
New Cone
New Cone

ActiveX and RC

Postby retched » 16 Jul 2017 05:41

I have a few questions regarding ActiveX and RC (obviously statement is obvious).

So I managed to get the RC portion of VLC to interact and open with a Socket program. (For some reason, the VLC Remote Control Interface option does not save, or rather it saves but when you go back to that same option, it's blank always. Not sure if this is a bug, or intended behavior.)

Here's my question. I currently have TCP commands being sent in and work successfully with it but I wanted to know is there a way to have the output stream sent to HTTP or RTSP and etc? Currently I managed to only get this to happen with the GUI. (That is, I make/load a playlist, choose the "Stream" option under "Media" menu and configure the stream in that way.) Is there a way I can make a command to do this instead or is using the GUI the only manner.

Version: 2.2.6 Umbrella

NewtownGuy
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: ActiveX and RC

Postby NewtownGuy » 16 Nov 2017 02:19

What happens if you use the desktop to configure VLC streaming, then you go to a command prompt and issue:

Code: Select all

sudo ps -Af | grep vlc
It should tell you the full command being used by vlc. I have not tried this procedure with VLC due to a problem with my Pi's desktop, but I use ps -Af all the time to see how something was configured to run.

Return to “Web and scripting”