mp4 files cause VLC window to be too big

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ixodid
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

mp4 files cause VLC window to be too big

Postby ixodid » 01 Dec 2016 17:13

When I play mp4 files, the VLC player window opens so that the controls at the bottom are hidden by the taskbar - also, I cannot resize the window by grabbing the lower right corner as it is hidden too.

I've looked through the preferences but cannot find how to control the size of the window when it opens.

I can maximize the window and see the controls but I don't want to have to do that every time. And I still cannot adjust the window to a desired size.

Please advise how I can get the window so I can control its size. Thank you

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: mp4 files cause VLC window to be too big

Postby Lotesdelere » 04 Dec 2016 14:24

Kat22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kat22 » 30 Apr 2017 16:22

YES I am having the same issue where the player is to large and I always have to resize it! Pain in the butt :) Help!

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 01 May 2017 00:36

ixodid
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ixodid » 21 Nov 2017 00:12

I'm still having problems. Resetting preferences has worked in the past, but when it did, the next time after restarting Windows the issue returns.

Now I cannot get the player window to be small enough at all. I've tried the "Reset preferences" button, using the shortcut in the start menu, and deleting the files manually.

I followed the second link https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112253 but that did not seem relevant.

Are there any other suggestions, please?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”