Problem wirh locally saved Video stream

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
dirkucs

Problem wirh locally saved Video stream

Postby dirkucs » 10 Dec 2005 18:50

Hi Everybody,
this might be a simple problem, but i didn't find any answer here nor in the wiki.
I recorded a VLC stream locally that i sent from a livecam with another machine running VLC using MPEG TS encapsulation, mp4v video codec, mpa audio codec.
On the local machine i used stream-save local without the raw option.
The video files are all there, and i can watch them without any problems in VLC.

But ... how do i get them in a container that i can use i my video editing solution, like an .avi or something?

Thanx to evebody helping

Dirk

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2005 21:43

The ONLY container I can get to work with other programs under windows is mpeg1. Ogg and avi both produce files that cannot be read by other programs, but work fine under vlc.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem, I would also be very interested.

As an example, the following works:

vlc -vvv c:\test\video.asf --sout "#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,acodec=mp3,vb=300,ab=32,samplerate=16000}:standard{access=file,mux=mpeg1,url=c:\test\video.mpeg}"

but this does not:

C:\Progra~1\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc -vvv c:\test\video.asf --sout "#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mp3,vb=300,ab=32,samplerate=16000}:standard{access=file,mux=ogg,url=c:\test\video.ogg}"

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the manner vlc writes non-mpeg1 files?

dirkucs

MPEG1 Solution ?

Postby dirkucs » 13 Dec 2005 09:23

OK, this might be a solution to work with. In my case i would have to transcode the video again lossy :( , so if anyone knows a better solution how to demultiplex or repack the mp4 encoded video i would really appreciate it!

Dirk

Patryk

Postby Patryk » 06 Jan 2006 17:30

Has anyone found a better solution??

dirkucs
New Cone
New Cone

No idea?

Postby dirkucs » 18 Jan 2006 11:06

Nobody trying to save streams?

Vadar[]
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

yes ... I'm having trouble in this area too ,,

Postby Vadar[] » 19 Jan 2006 08:37

maybe we can work something out ...

-This posted as a 'Marker' - this system is about to crash with about 200 browser windows open -
be back to you :)
Best wishes,

Vadar[]
Brisbane, Oz. (see profile for contact details)

Lanman

Postby Lanman » 19 Jan 2006 22:24

Okay, here is what you need.

Download this :

http://www.sat-key.org/dreambox/tools_f ... -Beta3.zip

This is a TS to MPEG2 converter. Once in MPEG you can use any video editing program to edit it; I use Pinnicale 10.01.
Then when you compile your video into one file you can save it say in .avi "DivX format" This will cut your file size way down and keep the quallity of the video.

I hope that this helps you. Let me know how it goes.

Lanman 8)

dirkucs
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dirkucs » 27 Jan 2006 08:20

I should have mentioned that i tried the same with projectX before. Now with TStoMPEG2 it does not work, the ts-contatiner is not recognized by these two programs, might be because vlc put a mp4-compressed video i a container normally designed for mpeg2.

The two mentioned programs are used for the extraction of mpeg2 out of the mpeg2-TS send via dvb-t or dvb-s and don't match the situation.

In my opinion some prog is needed to unpack the TS to native mp4, i tried this with vlc,
:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,url="C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dirk\Desktop\Test"}} :sout-all

and even mux=asf or mux=mov

but the resulting file is not readable by any program i tried.

So, any ideas are welcome because the only recording of the live event i have is the recorded stream.

Thx Dirk

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”