Video and Audio transitions

Feature requests for VLC.
phphaven.com
New Cone
New Cone

Video and Audio transitions

Postby phphaven.com » 09 Jan 2013 19:42

I would like to put in a vote to add video and audio transitions in VLC Player.

Using the playlist, enable transitions between videos and audio in a playlist. It would be even better to enable start and end time on the transition per track or video.

Queuing up effects, and visualizations would help also.

This would turn the player into something DJs, editors, and other creative types could use to compose mashups.

It's a piece missing from VLC to make it the ultimate media player.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Video and Audio transitions

Postby edwardw » 13 Jan 2013 16:37

VLC is a media player, not a movie maker/editor. Try something like VLMC instead.

Also, this requires gapless playback to work properly, which is not done yet...

Milli
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Milli » 18 Apr 2014 15:23

edwardw, I don't think you got what he means. Read it again.

phphaven.com, I think that's a great idea. I'm actually looking for a player with that feature and have noticed that there isn't a single one. It would be a killer feature for VLC.
For the past year I'm using music videos at parties and it seems to be a success. If the playlist could have a smooth transition that would be even better.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Postby edwardw » 19 Apr 2014 07:24

edwardw, I don't think you got what he means. Read it again.

phphaven.com, I think that's a great idea. I'm actually looking for a player with that feature and have noticed that there isn't a single one. It would be a killer feature for VLC.
For the past year I'm using music videos at parties and it seems to be a success. If the playlist could have a smooth transition that would be even better.
Sure. Go use a video editor.

Loonatic
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Loonatic » 20 Jan 2017 15:39

I know this is an old post but I thought I would revive it. I think this is an awesome feature request. I too have been looking for a good PLAYER that would do this exact thing.
I don't know why edwardw keeps saying use a video editor. That does not make sense. We are asking for a player feature, not an editor feature. Real-time transitions would be a great addition to VLC. Are there any other VLC Developers that might take this suggestion on?
I currently use a different player to do this but it does not have a playlist, or a very good one, and does not have the versatility of VLC. I'd prefer to use VLC for this.
Jack of all code

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”