Firefox ok, Opera Classic not: Can't login

Discussion about forum rules, new moderators, website content, website layout, VideoLAN artwork etc..
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
videobruce
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: v3.0.6 Portable
Operating System: Win7 (unfortunately)

Firefox ok, Opera Classic not: Can't login

Postby videobruce » 05 Dec 2016 13:52

I hate to bring up what appears to be a very sore subject, but in my case one browser works, the other does not giving this useless No route found for "GET /ucp.php" cryptic error message.

Firefox v47 does not have the problem, Opera Classic v12.18 does. BOTH are on the same ISP (naturally), so it's not this 'spam block' issue. Before someone tells me v12.18 is dated, I use it simply it's the BEST browser interface ever made, Opera or otherwise with the most useful features and superior customized address bar. The only thing that comes even remotely close to it is Firefox which I use for these 'problem' sites. :evil:

Any workaround for this lame message that doesn't have to do with blocking ISP's ?? :(
Thanks in advance.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Firefox ok, Opera Classic not: Can't login

Postby Lotesdelere » 05 Dec 2016 14:09

No route found for "GET /ucp.php"
I had the exact same error message using Firefox and any other browser.

videobruce
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: v3.0.6 Portable
Operating System: Win7 (unfortunately)

Re: Firefox ok, Opera Classic not: Can't login

Postby videobruce » 05 Dec 2016 15:04

That is the problem most everyone else has in the 3 or 4 threads about the problem including the one that was locked. I understand the spam deal, but this 'fix' isn't going over very well. :roll:

Return to “Forum, Website and Artwork discussion”