How to automatically close window if stream is not available, from command-line.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Littleolme
New Cone
New Cone

How to automatically close window if stream is not available, from command-line.

Postby Littleolme » 13 Sep 2016 14:36

Thanks in advance. I've been Googling for a solution for the last couple of days without success.

I have a batch file that ping scans the local network looking for cameras, and for every reply it starts an instance of VLC.

My issue is that there are a couple of other devices, whose IP's can change, that don't stream video. This means VLC attempts to open a stream that doesn't exist. Is there a way I can have VLC gracefully close that window if it cannot find the stream, as opposed to the error it currently shows?

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: How to automatically close window if stream is not available, from command-line.

Postby Ludrax » 13 Sep 2016 20:40

An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

Littleolme
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How to automatically close window if stream is not available, from command-line.

Postby Littleolme » 14 Sep 2016 07:47

Well, now I feel silly. I tried "vlc://quit" before without success. It must have been something in my syntax at the time because now it works flawlessly.

Thanks!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”