No Audio with Capture Card

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Corm
New Cone
New Cone

No Audio with Capture Card

Postby Corm » 08 Sep 2016 15:54

Hi,

I have a Hauppage card, with S-video. I get video but no audio.
I have played with all the "audio input, to no luck. Here is my working settings:

:dshow-vdev=Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture :dshow-adev= :dshow-aspect-ratio=16\:9 :dshow-chroma= :dshow-fps=0 :dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner :dshow-tuner-channel=0 :dshow-tuner-frequency=0 :dshow-tuner-country=1 :dshow-tuner-standard=0 :dshow-tuner-input=1 :dshow-video-input=2 :dshow-video-output=-1 :dshow-audio-input=2 :dshow-audio-output=-1 :dshow-amtuner-mode=1 :dshow-audio-channels=1 :dshow-audio-samplerate=0 :dshow-audio-bitspersample=0 :live-caching=300

-what is it I am missing? My card has audio with RCA, everything is hooked up correctly. I stream direct from my cable box (Comcast Cisco RNG150) to my card.

Corm
New Cone
New Cone

Re: No Audio with Capture Card

Postby Corm » 10 Sep 2016 17:23

I have tried to adjust the following settings, for refernece:
:audio-input=2 (I have tried -1 through 6 and had no results. The crossbar settings, in the "link related streams" screen shows the audio may be on 3, but I don't know how valid they are).
:dshow-audio-output=-1 (also tried 0-3)
:dshow-audio-channels=1 (tried -1 -2)
:dshow-audio-samplerate=0 (matched it to I think 41000 like it showed in "media information" when I viewed the stream info)
:dshow-audio-bitspersample=0 (same as above, matched it to stream info but nothing).

I don't know why VLC isn't picking up my audio stream as well, unless it is a software limitation. I haven't found documentation yet to support this.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”