Windows taskbar issue in Windows 10 anniversary

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Celador
New Cone
New Cone

Windows taskbar issue in Windows 10 anniversary

Postby Celador » 07 Aug 2016 05:07

Im not sure whether it's Windows 10 Anniversary Update bug or a feature or it's a VLC issue/setting but after an anniversary update whenever i select "always on top" option in VLC video settings - windows taskbar would also show up. It seems like a minor issue but the problem is that i usually run VLC player along with some software or a game in a borderless/windowed mode, so now if i run VLC player in "always on top" mode - windows taskbar would overlap the bottom part of a game window. Before the update the taskbar would never show even the player was set to being "always on top".

I know that anniversary update changed taskbar in several ways. Is this how it works now or just some settings got messed up in VLC?

douko
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Windows taskbar issue

Postby douko » 08 Aug 2016 06:29

I can confirm that I have the same issue. Before the new Windows Anniversary update, everything was fine.

Celador
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Windows taskbar issue in Windows 10 anniversary

Postby Celador » 09 Aug 2016 10:01

There is a temporary fix for this - you can press right mouse button on a task bar, select settings and check to hide the taskbar in desktop mode but there's an annoying thin line which remains anyway and it's not very convenient.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”