Can't recieve stream at the following address ?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MyVLC

Can't recieve stream at the following address ?

Postby MyVLC » 27 Nov 2005 17:16

Hello,

I'm using a prox connection and I'd like to watch a stream at the following address but I don't recieve it while configuring the addresses as it recommended by webcaster :

1. Choose File > Open Network Stream
2. Select UDP/RTP Multicast
3. For "Address" enter 233.0.73.29
4. For the "Port" enter 1234
5. Select OK

I configured the proxy as follow : In VLC you can enter the proxy address in "Settings ; Preferences : Input/Codecs " under "Access modules" and
"HTTP/HTTPS" using the format address:port.

With these configuration , I can't watch the stream ?! Please, anybody knows how can I overcome this trouble and watch the stream at that address ?!!!

Thank you very much

Trax
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Trax » 28 Nov 2005 21:34

This is a special IP adress for multicast networks. Make sure your ISP network supports multicast (that usually is not the case on public networks).

chin1224

Postby chin1224 » 28 Nov 2005 23:26

Hello sir,

I also have the same problem that I cannot receive the video streaming. I am sure the video stream server supports multicast because we have a lot of computer installing VLC player and can watch the video. But I am doing the same way, and just my computer has this problem. It's very strange! Is there any thing I can check?
We are testing video streaming in our lab not in the public network. So, the environment should be very simple. But why just my computer cannot receive the video streaming. Plese help me. Thanks.

PS: I have reinstall the Windows XP but got the same result.

Sam.

MyVLC
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MyVLC » 29 Nov 2005 01:05

Yes sam, I tried too on two different networks (at homme and at the lab) with proxy and without but, I still incapable to watch the stream with VLC !!!! I thing the problem is localy, in our computer ! maybe we miss a something or we have (something) which inhibit the streaming !!

SOS please !!!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”