Remove/edit right-click menu?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
wrepdrep
New Cone
New Cone

Remove/edit right-click menu?

Postby wrepdrep » 01 May 2016 01:48

Hi!
No, this is not the usual "how do I remove the Add to VLC playlist option".

I'm referring to the context menu that shows up when you right-click on the VLC window. VLC's own right-click menu with options such as "Subtitles", "Audio" and "Quit"

I accidentally right-click A LOT, especially when I'm browsing through a video, and if you do that on the lower half of the VLC window then the Quit option will end up right next to the mouse cursor. So if you try to quickly remove the menu then chances are very high that you will accidentally shut down VLC instead. And if you're used to clicking on any part of the window to remove the menu - which I am from browsing through Flash/HTML5 videos, then it leads to A LOT of unintended shutdowns.

There has to be a way to change the position of the Quit option, or removing the right-click menu altogether?

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: Remove/edit right-click menu?

Postby Ludrax » 27 May 2016 01:07

There has to be a way to change the position of the Quit option, or removing the right-click menu altogether?
not yet? :-|
An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”