UPNP/DLNA in VLC windows?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ptk
New Cone
New Cone

UPNP/DLNA in VLC windows?

Postby ptk » 15 Jan 2016 18:55

Hi - I read in old posts on this forum that VLC media player for windows does not have any UPnP/DLNA support .... please is this still the case?
I'm running Win10(64) and VLC player(64) on a PC and VLC can see Twonky Server (hosted on my QNAP NAS via wired local LAN) but cannot read any of the Twonky library. Other Media Players on my PC can connect/play to/from Twonky Server OK , but unfortunately not VLC media player .... I'm guessing UPnP is still not supported in the windows version? Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Paul K

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: UPNP/DLNA in VLC windows?

Postby Ludrax » 24 Jan 2016 12:30

I read in old posts on this forum that VLC media player for windows does not have any UPnP/DLNA support .... please is this still the case?
no in experimental version:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=127852
An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

MPX4132
New Cone
New Cone

Re: UPNP/DLNA in VLC windows?

Postby MPX4132 » 16 Jul 2016 08:33

For whatever reason, the following worked for me...
Run an elevated command prompt (run as admin), and execute the following command to reset all your network settings and devices:
netcfg -d

Don't panic if it prints some errors, it's apparently, natural. If it fails to restart the PC afterwards, do it manually from the start menu.
I'm guessing it has to do with some network interface bug, don't know.

BTW, I don't know if this applies to this "bug:"
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/14526

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”