Building VLC-Android under OSX

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
Entropeace
New Cone
New Cone

Building VLC-Android under OSX

Postby Entropeace » 04 Jul 2015 04:13

Hi,

I just want to see if there has been any success building VLC Android so far.

I had to make a dozen patches to the code (from <inttypes> inconsistencies to OpenGL not being loaded), but I still can get around it (now I'm stuck trying to figure out why libarchive doesn't get picked up by the linker).

Just making sure if my C skills are rustier than expected, or I should try on Ubuntu.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here is and extract of the latest build error I'm getting:

Code: Select all

../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_lzma' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_lzop' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_none' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_rpm' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_uu' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_filter_xz' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_format_ar' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_format_cab' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_format_cpio' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_format_gnutar' ../../modules/access/archive/archive.c:109: error: undefined reference to 'archive_read_support_format_lha' .... ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glVertexPointer' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glEnableClientState' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glDisableClientState' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glScalef' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glColor4f' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glNormalPointer' ../../modules/visualization/glspectrum.c:362: error: undefined reference to 'glPopMatrix' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [jni/obj/local/armeabi/libvlcjni.so] Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/Users/zakelfassi/Desktop/VLC-A-1.4.1/libvlc' ndk-build failed

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Building VLC-Android under OSX

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 10 Jul 2015 11:54

You are missing some -l flags in the ANdroid.mk file.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Entropeace
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Entropeace » 18 Jul 2015 04:27

Well spotted! Had to add both -larchive and -lGLESv1_CM (and change <GL/gl.h> to <GLES/gl.h> in glspectrum.c).
Now I'm having a declaration conflict between libzip and libaccess:

Code: Select all

arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: VLC/.modules/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/libzip_plugin.a(libzip_plugin_la-zipstream.o): multiple definition of 'StreamOpen' arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: VLC/.modules/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/libaccess_archive_plugin.a(libaccess_archive_plugin_la-stream.o): previous definition here arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: VLC/.modules/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/libzip_plugin.a(libzip_plugin_la-zipstream.o): multiple definition of 'StreamClose' arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: VLC/.modules/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/libaccess_archive_plugin.a(libaccess_archive_plugin_la-stream.o): previous definition here
My question is, would building on Linux be much smoother than this?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 18 Jul 2015 20:02

yes, it would.

Do you have objcopy on your OS X?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Entropeace
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Entropeace » 07 Sep 2015 18:52

Yes... But it turned out building on OSX isn't just hard, but would compromise most of the core code.
I just started fresh on a Ubuntu VM.
Thanks JB!

Return to “Development around libVLC”