VCL web plugin : can't get subtitles to show up

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
zeepee
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VCL web plugin : can't get subtitles to show up

Postby zeepee » 08 Jun 2015 13:19

Yes, that's precisely what I've done, thanxx (but it shouldn't be necessary to do it this way, the vlcArgs should handle this but it doesn't, or at least doesn't work on my setup).

Anyway, reading more thru the Webchimera site I found out that on Windows (I'm under Win7 SP1 x64, great OS btw) it's kinda hard to position control elements over the video surface with the Plugin alone, while the Player offers this capability upfront.

Though tbh I still have to figure out how this whole Player thing is architectured and works together, why instructions in QML seem to double up with instructions in JS, how to customize the Player U/I, etc...). I see that just the QML part requires over 1500 lines of code to make the Player demo work, so I'm a bit concerned with the amount of effort I'll have to put into this.

But you're right that QML is probably not that difficult a langage to learn, it looks just like a specialized (U/I oriented) version of JS/JSON.

RSATom
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Windows/Linux/OsX

Postby RSATom » 08 Jun 2015 13:36

Anyway, reading more thru the Webchimera site I found out that on Windows (I'm under Win7 SP1 x64, great OS btw) it's kinda hard to position control elements over the video surface with the Plugin alone, while the Player offers this capability upfront.
No, it's very easy, you just need understand how to use anchors (at the beginning) and layouts (little bit later) . Look to QML of simple demos: https://github.com/RSATom/WebChimera/bl ... asic_1.qml and https://github.com/RSATom/WebChimera/bl ... asic_2.qml There are nothing complex.
Though tbh I still have to figure out how this whole Player thing is architectured and works together, why instructions in QML seem to double up with instructions in JS,
It's simple - with WebChimera you have two runtime engines, one inside your browser, second is inside WebChimera Plugin. Both of them could run it's own JavaScript code (yes, plugin have full featured JavaScript engine inside it!). So you could manage vlcPlayer instance from both sides, and that’s why there are two set of APIs.
how to customize the Player U/I, etc...). I see that just the QML part requires over 1500 lines of code to make the Player demo work, so I'm a bit concerned with the amount of effort I'll have to put into this.
this 1500 lines of code was written by more than half year. And there are too many features there. That's why it's so big. It's very possible you don't need most of that code.

RSATom
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby RSATom » 08 Jun 2015 13:39

in simplest cases you could not use QML at all, then plugin will use this QML: https://github.com/RSATom/WebChimera/bl ... efault.qml i.e. one video output which occupy all plugin area and can pause/unpause by left mouse click.

RSATom
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby RSATom » 08 Jun 2015 13:42

And you still could manage it from JS API... In this case It will be almost the same as current Vlc Web Plugins.

RSATom
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby RSATom » 08 Jun 2015 13:48

btw, one else example of UI implemented over WebChimera Plugin without using WebChimera Player at all: http://isoplex.isohunt.to/ (It's not our project, they just use our plugin internally)

Return to “Web and scripting”