2.2 Crash if multiselect files

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Azunai
New Cone
New Cone

2.2 Crash if multiselect files

Postby Azunai » 21 Apr 2015 20:16

CPU FX 8350
GPU GTX 770

If i select multiple files on windows explorer and click " play in vlc" i get 1 error message per file selected, but it also plays the videos in an d3d output window

As soon as i click "ok" on one of those errors, vlc crashes
VLC works totaly fine if i start it and then add multiple videos to the playlist in the same way
Worked fine before i updated to 2.2

Let me know if you need any further information :S

heyman
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 2.2 Crash if multiselect files

Postby heyman » 25 Apr 2015 04:59

same problems here.

safehaven
New Cone
New Cone

Postby safehaven » 03 May 2015 02:49

Me also. I've loaded latest version of VLC onto three different windows PCs and same problem each time. When I select multiple video files in a windows explorer window and hit enter (defaulted to player files using VLC), I get the same error message as original poster.

I have to revert back to older version of VLC player as workaround until there's a fix.

Help!!!

El Sarmata
New Cone
New Cone

Postby El Sarmata » 04 May 2015 06:56

I FIXED (I THINK). IS VERY SIMPLE. GO TO ''TOOLS'' ABOVE, THEN ''PREFERENCES'', AND IN ''INTERFACE'' (YOU ARE THERE) LOOK DOWN FOR THE SECTION CALLED ''REPRODUCTION LIST AND INSTANCES'' AND THERE MAKE CLICK IN ALL THE OPTIONS LESS IN ''PAUSE REPRODUCTION WHEN MINIMIZED''
ES MÁGICO!!!!!!!!!!ES MÁGICOOOOOOO. I FIXED, IM A GENIUS, IM A --please stay polite-- NERD, BILL GATES WILL CONTRACT ME, MY NAME IS ALFREDO SABAGNI IM FROM ROSARIO, ARGENTINA.
WEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSSSSS!!!!!

marccunn
New Cone
New Cone

Postby marccunn » 07 May 2015 01:33

Hello:

I have this problem too on W8.1 x64, whether I install VLC 2.2.1 x63 or x32.

Where is ''REPRODUCTION LIST AND INSTANCES'' ?????

I went "Preferences" then to the "All" view radio button, then to "Interface".

My only options are Control Interfaces (Audioscrobbler, Gestures, NT Service), Hotkeys Settings, and Main interfaces (Lua, Qt, RC, Skins).

I do not have any ''REPRODUCTION LIST AND INSTANCES'' option, but I would really like to fix this issue.

VLC plays fine if I right-click on just one file to play it.

But if I first select multiple files and then right-click on them to play them all, I get a bunch of those Microsoft VC++ runtime termination request error message boxes that pop up.

Thanks.

Marc

BlakJak
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BlakJak » 08 May 2015 05:01

I just want to add 'me too'.
I can select multiple files one-at-a-time (and build an ad-hoc play-list) but doing so all at once, the media starts to play, but I also get a popup error similar to the above, and acknowledging the error then causes the app to crash.

El Sarmata
New Cone
New Cone

Postby El Sarmata » 08 May 2015 08:02

YOU MUST DO WHAT I SAID, I FIXED.

GO TO: TOOLS/PREFERENCES/INTERFACE

AND THERE YOU HAVE A LOT OF OPTIONS TO CLICK, AND THEY ARE ORDERED BY SEGMENT, THE FIRST IS FOR LANGUAGE, ETC. AND THE SEGMENT I SAID IS THE THIRD ONE. IM FROM ARGENTINA SO I HAVE THE SPANISH VERSION AND THE TRADUCCION MAY BE NOT EXACT, BUT A REPRODUCTION LIST IS THAT THING, YOU MUST UNDERSTAND. AND REPEAT, IS THE THIRD SEGMENT IN ''INTERFACE''. YOU MUST TO CLICK AFFIRMATIVE TO ALL THE OPTIONS LESS THE LAST ONE. ¿OK???? IT WORKED TO ME, AND I THINK THAT I DIDNT MAKE ANOTHER MODIFICATION.

PERHAPS YOU MUST UNINSTALL AND INSTALL THE NEWEST VERSION IN PURE, AND NOT LIKE A MODERNIZATION.

El Sarmata
New Cone
New Cone

Postby El Sarmata » 08 May 2015 08:15

Hello:

I have this problem too on W8.1 x64, whether I install VLC 2.2.1 x63 or x32.

Where is ''REPRODUCTION LIST AND INSTANCES'' ?????

I went "Preferences" then to the "All" view radio button, then to "Interface".

My only options are Control Interfaces (Audioscrobbler, Gestures, NT Service), Hotkeys Settings, and Main interfaces (Lua, Qt, RC, Skins).

I do not have any ''REPRODUCTION LIST AND INSTANCES'' option, but I would really like to fix this issue.

VLC plays fine if I right-click on just one file to play it.

But if I first select multiple files and then right-click on them to play them all, I get a bunch of those Microsoft VC++ runtime termination request error message boxes that pop up.

Thanks.

Marc

MARC THE PROCESS I TEACHED TO THE ENTIRE WORLD IS UNTIL THE VLC IS REPRODUCING SOMETHING AND YOU ARE VIEWING THE SCREEN WITH ALL THE OPTIONS, THAT SCREEN IS THE DEFAULT, I THINK. ABOVE YOU HAVE THE ''TOOLS'', THEN FOLLOW YOUR LEADER, THATS ME.

PD: NOT RADIO BUTTON, RADIO BUTTON NOT NOT AND NOT. NO A LAS OPCIONES DE RADIO NI AUDIO NI VIDEO, NI NADA, ONLY TOOLS/PREFERENCES/INTERFACE

BlakJak
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BlakJak » 08 May 2015 08:20

This is the screen you're talking about, in English.

What you're saying is that under 'Playlist and Instances' you must have the following items ticked:
Allow only one instance
use only one instance when started from file manager
display playlist tree
enqueue items into playlist in one instance mode

but not necessarily tick 'pause on last frame of a video'

?

(screenshot also shows my current selected options, which were fine until the last update)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”