"got it, dismiss this" is confusing

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
cubetronic
New Cone
New Cone

"got it, dismiss this" is confusing

Postby cubetronic » 01 Mar 2015 21:45

upon first use, there's a message with icons and stuff i've never seen before, and a big orange button that says "Got it, dismiss this".

i DON'T GOT IT. i have NO IDEA what those orange and white icons are. i've never seen them before. what a headache! sorry, but it's so horrible. and then there's stuff in the background sort of, and then there's my music way in the background, and the screen is a jumbled mess.

i DON'T GOT IT. so how do i dismiss the message if i DON'T GOT IT?

do i have to say "Got it, dismiss this"????????

but I DON'T GOT IT.

i mean, i tried to think about it, like deciphering egyptian hieroglyphics.. is one a shake thing? and ... what?! i don't got it. sorry. please dismiss anyway. and then it crashes.

cubetronic
New Cone
New Cone

Re: "got it, dismiss this" is confusing

Postby cubetronic » 01 Mar 2015 21:48

just a quick note... if the app needs to teach me how to use the app, then it's probably not intuitive, and should be redesigned.

if i really want to learn about the program, then i wouldn't be offended if there were a help area in the settings- at least so help screens don't get in my way and bother me.

cubetronic
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cubetronic » 01 Mar 2015 21:52

also.. ty everyone at vlc, i've been using the desktop program for years. i love its standard boring interface. and the app looks great and promising, it's just that "got it" screen is like...... where's the manual for this? oh wait, this IS the manual? fail. i need a manual for the help screen. so i can understand it.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Postby edwardw » 03 Mar 2015 05:18

To dismiss it temporarily just tap anywhere on the overlay without clicking on the button.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”