"Add to VLC media player's Playlist" not installed

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
OliverP
New Cone
New Cone

Postby OliverP » 31 Dec 2014 17:23

Win 8.1 x64
I installed vlc-2.1.5-win64.exe

it is not installing the content menu "Add to VLC media player's Playlist" even though I checked "Content menu" at the installation process.
Moreover when I try to add that
Tools, Preferencies, Inteface, and then clicking "Set up associations" I get the following error message:

" Runtime Error! Program: C:\ProgramFiles\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. "

please HELP !!

Sonevar
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: "Add to VLC media player's Playlist" not installed

Postby Sonevar » 25 Jan 2015 18:04

Same issue, luckily my files were already associated, but I had uninstall/reinstall VLC after a Windows update corrupted my graphics driver. Now if I click set up associations, I get the runtime error termination

Sonevar
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Sonevar » 27 Jan 2015 17:04

@Oliver clumsy workaround: keep vlc 2.1.5 x64, then install vlc 2.1.5 x32 in a different location, use the x32 version to set your associations, use the x64 version for everything else

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”