STOP UPGRADING ME!

Just have a drink and chat
rickreed
New Cone
New Cone

STOP UPGRADING ME!

Postby rickreed » 17 Sep 2014 19:31

How do I keep VLC from updating? I use version prior to 2.0 because I use the speed-up & slow-down controls to rehearse dancing in different speeds. The newer version is EXTREMELY inconvenient for this. But VLC keeps opening in the latest version instead. How do I prevent this? Any chance a new version will go back to convenient controls?

trodas
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: latest
Operating System: Linux

Re: STOP UPGRADING ME!

Postby trodas » 21 Sep 2014 17:53

Well, you can turn off the upgrades in Linux for whole system. I recently made the mistake to update the VLC and that bring me there... lol. Never ever update something that do works as you like.

BTW, you can reconfigure the controls, nope?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: STOP UPGRADING ME!

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 10 Dec 2014 11:34

How do I keep VLC from updating? I use version prior to 2.0 because I use the speed-up & slow-down controls to rehearse dancing in different speeds. The newer version is EXTREMELY inconvenient for this. But VLC keeps opening in the latest version instead. How do I prevent this? Any chance a new version will go back to convenient controls?
No, you can still do exactly the same, the controls are still present, just hidden.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “Coffee Corner”