Odd bookmark / playlist issue

macOS specific usage questions
smbngr
New Cone
New Cone

Odd bookmark / playlist issue

Postby smbngr » 05 Dec 2013 01:10

Hi,

First off, thankyou for a piece of software I've used for years and absolutely love.

This is just a question in regards to what I think might be a bug which I've noticed in the last two version, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1. It is not a problem in 2.0.9. I haven't been able to find any other forum threads that are specific to what I've noticed.

Previously, (in version 2.0.9), I could add a bookmark to a movie I'm watching, save it as a playlist, then later on, load that playlist, go to bookmarks, and return to where I left off in the movie.

In version 2.1.0 and 2.1.1, I thought that perhaps that feature was broken, as when I loaded a previously saved playlist, I would go to the bookmarks window, but it would be empty of any previously defined bookmarks. However, on further investigation, I could get my previously saved bookmarks by adding yet another bookmark. When I added another bookmark to what looked like an empty bookmarks window, that bookmark would be added along with revealing my previously stored original bookmark.

I thought it was perhaps some sort of skin bug, as the playlist window for version 2.1.0 and above for mac looks different to version 2.0.9 ... but that's only a non-technical guess on my part.

I don't know if this behavior also happens on non-mac systems.

Am I missing something, or is this a known issue that will be addressed at a later date? Regardless, I can work around it via the method described above, but any response would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

P.S. My system is a MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch running Mavericks

DanQ
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Odd bookmark / playlist issue

Postby DanQ » 28 Jul 2014 13:31

Wow, bookmarks are STILL broken in Rincewind !?

While playing a DVD, I set a bookmark at 01:24:00. The Bookmarks UI doesn't let me edit the name of the bookmark, so I click Edit. When I give the bookmark a name and click OK, the time morphs to 00:13:17. No matter what I try, the time stamp is hosed.

When I found that bookmarks were still broken, I instantly DID NOT CARE AT ALL about any of the other new features in VLC.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS.

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Odd bookmark / playlist issue

Postby dfuhrmann » 28 Jul 2014 19:06

Please, instead of posting in multiple threads, just open a bug report at our bug tracker: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc

Note that the bookmarks feature mostly only works with the media library in a persistent way. And I think DVDs are not supported at all, as there are containing several titles and such.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”