Bookmarks.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
buster45

Bookmarks.

Postby buster45 » 03 Oct 2005 03:04

Hello
I can't seem to get my Favourite streaming URL to be saved in the Player bookmark area.
Could someone explain in very simple terms how to do this.

Thanks.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: Bookmarks.

Postby fkuehne » 03 Oct 2005 14:45

The bookmarks-panel is not made for that (yet... we are planning to add that though). Please save the playlist containing your favourite stream and open the playlist, if you want to watch it again.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Skulli
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Skulli » 21 Oct 2007 12:06

Is that feature implemented yet?
I added a stream to the default stream on startup which solved the missing bookmark a bit, but everytime i open an associated file like clicking on a movie, it just opens the stream instead of the file. Is that intended behaviour?

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Postby funman » 21 Oct 2007 12:50

of course it is.

the next version 0.9.0 will have a playlist autosaved on closing, and reloaded on startup, a "media library"

digital.discuss
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby digital.discuss » 20 Jul 2014 15:17

And here we are almost 7 years later with VLC 2.1.4 as the current version and saved bookmarks is still a missing feature of VLC. I really miss this feature, especially with playback time position saved with the bookmark.

DanQ
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanQ » 28 Jul 2014 13:27

Wow, bookmarks are STILL broken in Rincewind !?

While playing a DVD, I set a bookmark at 01:24:00. The Bookmarks UI doesn't let me edit the name of the bookmark, so I click Edit. When I give the bookmark a name and click OK, the time morphs to 00:13:17. No matter what I try, the time stamp is hosed.

When I found that bookmarks were still broken, I instantly DID NOT CARE AT ALL about any of the other new features in VLC.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”