Can not get Hauppauge PVR-150 to work in GUI

*nix specific usage questions
limiteddi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Can not get Hauppauge PVR-150 to work in GUI

Postby limiteddi » 26 Dec 2013 20:13

Not sure whats wrong, loaded all required drivers, changed input via v4l2-ctl -i 2(composite) but i cant seem to get VLC to play anything off the card. When I open the wizard it recognizes /dev/video0, i pick NTSC and leave frequency empty. VLC loads v4l2:///dev/video0, time starts to count but video doesn't change and all I see is VLC's traffic cone. Do I need to change anything in ivtv?

If I try to dump the input through cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg it works fine and I see the contents of the input.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

limiteddi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Can not get Hauppauge PVR-150 to work in GUI

Postby limiteddi » 27 Dec 2013 00:34

On the PC where input card is, ./vlc dev/dvb0 opens up the VLC GUI and once I press PLAY i can see the input.
Now I cant seem to get this same result from remote pc connected with SSH. ./vlc /dev/video0 brings me to vlc command line and VLC gui never launches.

I am trying to stream /dev/video0 to http

Any ideas?

limiteddi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Can not get Hauppauge PVR-150 to work in GUI

Postby limiteddi » 27 Dec 2013 03:42

I've managed to stream /dev/video0 but only from the PC where card is installed, the following command does not work if executed from another PC remotely via SSH

Code: Select all

./vlc -vvv /dev/video0 --sout '#transcode{venc=x264{preset=ultrafast},vcodec=h264,vb=800,ab=128}:standard{access=http,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.55:9001}'
The problem with executing this command on host PC is that it wont stream anything unless you press PLAY on the VLC window that pops up.

Does anyone know how to make this autostream and executable from remote PC?

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”