Playlist tree?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
drewkeller
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Playlist tree?

Postby drewkeller » 26 Nov 2013 08:38

VLC used to show the playlist tree (total playlist time, Discs, etc). But now, I cannot figure out how to get the tree to be displayed on the playlist.

JSLover
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Win7

Re: Playlist tree?

Postby JSLover » 27 Nov 2013 21:19

Follow these steps...
  1. In VLC, click ToolsPreferences
  2. At the bottom left, for Show settings, make sure Simple is selected (it should be)
  3. Along the left, make sure Interface is selected (again, it should be, but I'm just being thorough)
  4. On the right-side, in the section Playlist (near the bottom), check Display playlist tree
  5. Click Save
  6. Close VLC to commit the pref change (otherwise, if VLC crashes, this change {or some changes} might not be saved)
  7. Run VLC & see if that fixes the problem
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

youtube.lua — Play YouTube videos in VLC!
Updated: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 --- 1/15/15, 7:19:19pm EST

forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=111977&p=379147#p379147
Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?
How about this: can long-term/trusted users be allowed links in sigs?

drewkeller
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby drewkeller » 29 Nov 2013 07:07

Thanks for the reply.
That option was what I was playing with earlier. Even resetting my settings and just ticking that one option doesn't fix it. I've tried 2.0.8, 2.1.1, and 2.2 (nightly from a week or so ago). I also tried copying the preferences file from my wife's computer (where it works) to my computer.

drewkeller
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby drewkeller » 30 Nov 2013 08:17

I uninstalled/reinstalled, during which I selected the option to clear my settings and cache. The playlist tree is displayed now. Maybe clearing the cache is what I needed to do in order to fix the original issue.

Notes: UNticking the option to show playlist tree doesn't change anything.... i think that option perhaps applies to hierarchical playlists, not the "devices" tree next to the playlist.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”