Errors is the Swedish OS X translation

Everything related to VLC media player translations: new translations, corrections, ...
New Cone
New Cone

Errors is the Swedish OS X translation

Postby 8442974 » 11 Nov 2013 15:25

I have found some errors in the Swedish translation.

Custom translations are currently used for the menu items "Hide", "View" and "Bring all to front". There already are easy to understand translations of these items, that other Apple and third-party applications use. It makes no sense for an application to use its own wording for these functions. It looks like a Google Translate job, or the translator is possibly a Windows user that don't know about the window management of OS X.

Question: How do I contact the person in charge for the Swedish translation?

EDIT: I can provide screenshots of Swedish versions of Safari, Firefox, Finder, Word etc if needed.

EDIT 2: Also, I found another error that are not really related to translations but probably doesn't deserve its own thread: VLC uses "Check for update", but all the other OS X applications (open source/commerical, Sparkle/non-Sparkle) use "Check for updates".

no_se
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Errors is the Swedish OS X translation

Postby no_se » 19 Nov 2013 00:12

There is some recent work on the Swedish translation here:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vl ... nguage/sv/

Contacting the team members is possible via transifex internal messages after login (maybe more help is wanted there). I won't post email addresses here, so contact me if this fails.

New Cone
New Cone

Re: Errors is the Swedish OS X translation

Postby 8442974 » 11 Dec 2013 14:04

Thank you, the errors have been corrected in version 2.1.2.

Return to “VLC media player Translations”