VLM setup option commands

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
haydenm315
New Cone
New Cone

VLM setup option commands

Postby haydenm315 » 06 Nov 2013 04:30

I'm part of a team that's been using VLC on a project for quite some time. We've fallen behind in the releases and are trying to catch back up. We'd also like to give back, eventually. We're in a half state of migrating to control using libvlc, but are currently using a hybrid solution. We launch a libvlc instance, and control this instance via VLM commands over http. Recently we hit a little snag due to the multicast output parameter change. In discovering this, I also noticed that the parameter wasn't taking effect unless specified on the command line options with --miface=... Previously we set the miface interface using a vlm setup option command, but the setup option command seems to no longer work. From what I've read and observed, VLM setup options seem to only affect the input and aren't seen by the output. I believe that somewhere in the past, setup options were visible to the output, because the multicast setup used to work when issued from VLM. Other options such as rtsp authentication and network-caching seem to work with the setup option VLM commands, and these are on the input. It seems like the output can only see variables passed on the config chain from the initial setup output vlm command. For clarification, can someone explain to me what's going on here?

Return to “VLM”