How do I save & play icecast?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
publicFace
New Cone
New Cone

How do I save & play icecast?

Postby publicFace » 23 Aug 2013 09:31

I just downloaded Twoflower 2.08, clicked View->Playlist->Internet->Icecast, selected a radio station. So far, so awesome! Thanks to the developers!!! VLC Rocks!!! :D However, at this point I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :oops:

I rightclick on the radio station name->Add to Playlist... then on the left side of the screen, there is another Playlist above "Media Library", "My Computer", "Devices", "Local Network", "Internet". I select that Playlist option, and I expect to see the radio station I added to the playlist. But, the area to the right is blank (Title, Duration, Album). :cry:

So, my question is how do I save this radio station for future easy selection & play? :?: And once I've saved it, how do I play it again without scrolling through the list of 1000+ radio stations to find it? :geek:

Thank you

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: How do I save & play icecast?

Postby Lotesdelere » 26 Aug 2013 10:19

After adding stations with right click Add to Playlist then scroll up to the very first Playlist item on the left and you'll see what you have added to the playlist. Then you can save it through the menu Media -> Save playlist to File (Ctrl+Y).

hmazuji
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How do I save & play icecast?

Postby hmazuji » 31 Oct 2015 13:15

i have the same problem.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”