Greek subtitles

macOS specific usage questions
Stam
New Cone
New Cone

Greek subtitles

Postby Stam » 25 Jul 2013 11:59

Hi,
I was happy to see vlc for iPad (I have an iPad 3) and I installed it as it came out few days ago. There was a sound distortion -which it is solved with the new release- and a problem with Greek subtitles -squares instead of letters. Although in the new release it is mentioned that the issue with Greek subtitles is fixed, unfortunately for me it did not work, I have the same squares appearing instead of letters. (Note that the same subtitle text appears correctly to the other application I'm using).
I'll be very happy (and many others I'm sure) to be able to use vlc, it's a very good program and we have used it for years in PC, it'd be great to have it on iPad too!
Thank you very much all for your efforts and good work,
Stam

w1shmast3r
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Greek subtitles

Postby w1shmast3r » 25 Jul 2013 16:42

indeed.
i am not an ipad user (hate apple) but today i tried to install vlc in a friend's ipad mini..
web server worked like a charm, played all video formats and english subs are excellent, BUT instead of greek subs i get boxes with Xs. i tried all the encoding options (both greek and east european), but no luck.
i then used 2 other players to play the same video file + subs (OplayerHD and Gplayer) and they displayed them correctly.
so please fix this.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: Greek subtitles

Postby fkuehne » 25 Jul 2013 22:03

We are on it and I'm a bit puzzled that my fix didn't work out in 2.0.2.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”