Stream UDP and Create SDP File?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
bradcarter
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Stream UDP and Create SDP File?

Postby bradcarter » 18 Sep 2005 15:57

I have a setup where I'm transcoding video. The computer (Mac) running VLC is at a remote site. I am using the following command line to send the stream to a computer at our main site. The IP in the UDP URL is on a different subnet. I put in the 192.* for example only.

Code: Select all

./VLC rtsp://192.168.0.90:554/mpeg4/media.amp --sout '#transcode{noaudio,vcodec=mp4v,vb=450,venc=ffmpeg{keyint=45},fps=15} :duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=192.168.0.5:13000,ttl=25}}:rtsp-caching=1000'
I want to use UDP so the remote site computer is always sending data even if it's internet connection drops out. I can receive the file at the main site by tuning into port 13000 using VLC.

How do I keep this and also have VLC generate a SDP file so I can relay the stream using Darwin Streaming Server at the main site? The flow would be this way. MPEG4 camera--> VLC transcode/UDP--> Internet -->Darwin Streaming Server(main site)--> Multiple unicast streams relayed from DSS.

I tried quite a few command line options but it didn't appear I could do both at the same time. Should I be able to make the above situation work?

nfm

Postby nfm » 06 Jun 2006 02:02

I am also having massive problems with producing an SDP file using the command line tool as the Windows version doesn't have any SDP functionality in the gui like the mac version does. Have you found any cure for the problem you described above? Does anyone know how to do it? Please help!

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”