VLC with Skin

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.

VLC with Skin

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2005 20:42

Hi,
can anybody tell me how I can start vlc directly with the skins2 interface?

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 03 Aug 2005 21:34

use the shortcut called VLC Media Player (skins)
(note: Start - All Programs - VideoLAN - Shortcut)

the command line would be like:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --intf skins

If you close the player from the skinned interface, the settings should be saved(unless you forcibly open vlc again with the wx interface shortcut).

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 03 Aug 2005 23:49

If you close the player from the skinned interface, the settings should be saved(unless you forcibly open vlc again with the wx interface shortcut).
Not exactly. The settings of the skin will be saved, but the skins2 interface still won't be the default one. Except if you saved the preferences while using the skins2 preferences.

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 04 Aug 2005 04:08

oh right..

thanks, ipkiss.. had a brain-lapse there for a moment.. :shock:

senior

Postby senior » 17 Sep 2005 13:02

My work-around was to rename the default as origdefault.vlt and the skin file as default.vlt - now vlc opens looking good!

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 18 Sep 2005 05:59

PICZ:

here's an example without the "work-around" ;)

I've opened vlc, switched to skins2 which brought the default skin.. then I changed the skin to the "MediaPlayer"(c/o Asim) skin. Next comes saving the settings..

ok, so now I can see that the current skin and position-size parameters are proper.. I'm clicking the Save button..

here's the shortcut I use when I want that skin.. I could drag files onto it.. and/or setup the same command for alternate file association right-click possibilities(like I have the typical Open command as well as the SkinOpen command, for right clicks on media). Also and/or you can use the typical vlc run command bringing up the wx interface.. -but once you switch to skins there is instantly the "MediaPlayer"(c/o Asim) skin again.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”