Transcode of MTS File -No Output Created

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Pueo
New Cone
New Cone

Transcode of MTS File -No Output Created

Postby Pueo » 25 May 2013 00:56

I have a MTS video file I want to transcode to MPEG2 but no output file is generated.

Using VLC 2.0.6 Twoflower running on XP-Pro SP3 following the guidance on the wiki "Transcoding using the GUI":
http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation: ... _HowTo_New

I open the "Convert/Save" dialog (Ctrl-R), browse to the file I want to convert, click on Add, then click on convert (Alt-C).

In the next dialog box I browse to the output folder and enter a file name "Testconvert" and click on Save.

A new dialog box appears. It shows the path and file name of the source and the path and file name of the destination.

In the pull down "Settings" area I select "Video - MPEG-2 + MPGA (TS)" I then click on "Edit selected profile"

Under the Video codec tab I set the Bitrate to 3000 kb/s and the Frame Rate to 29.97 fps. Default resolutions scale setting of 1 is unchanged, click on "Save" to return to the previous dialog.

There I click on "Start" and I see the progress bar on VLC move to the right and finish.

When I go look at the output directory it is empty, no output file exists. I refresh the file browser and the directory is empty.

I have tried this several times with other profiles and no output file exists.

I appreciate someone helping me get these MTS files transcoded.

Dennis

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Transcode of MTS File -No Output Created

Postby Lotesdelere » 25 May 2013 09:31

Some conversion troubles have been found in VLC 2.0.6 so please revert back to v2.0.5 or use this build:
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win ... 0523-2316/

If it doesn't help then open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the conversion and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”