[Solved] Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Wazeef
New Cone
New Cone

[Solved] Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Postby Wazeef » 17 Mar 2012 19:57

Hi all,

I'm using VLC 2.0.0 and I have the problem I describe in title. The only way I found to solve this issue is to move the cursor at the right side of the screen. But it remains quite annoying in fact... in other media player I don't have this bug, cursor disappears after 2-3 seconds.
I have tried resetting player preferences and cache files, and even a full reinstallation after using Ccleaner.
I've tried to change some settings like "use Overlay" or not, use GPU acceleration, change outputs, and even change language...
I really don't know what the problem is ! I've never encountered this with previous versions of VLC !

Can anyone give me some help ?

Bye
Last edited by Wazeef on 18 Mar 2012 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Postby VLC_help » 18 Mar 2012 13:44

Tools -> Preferences (Show settings: All) Video, and change Hide cursor and fullscreen controller after x milliseconds to 500. Save and restart VLC. See if it works better.

Wazeef
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Postby Wazeef » 18 Mar 2012 16:00

It works !! Many thanks to you !

Bye =)

rlw
New Cone
New Cone

Re: [Solved] Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Postby rlw » 04 Mar 2013 05:38

I'm having the same problem as described here, but with version 2.0.5. I've tried the above suggestion, changing the setting from the default 1000 ms to 500 ms, but the issue persists. The mouse cursor never seems to hide. Any other suggestions?
Last edited by rlw on 04 Mar 2013 06:44, edited 1 time in total.

rlw
New Cone
New Cone

Re: [Solved] Mouse cursor not hiding in full screen

Postby rlw » 04 Mar 2013 05:56

After posting above, I tried resetting "Hide cursor and fullscreen controller after x milliseconds" to 0 seconds, and I also disabled "Show media title on video". Although I'm not sure which change did the trick, after restarting the player the mouse cursor goes invisible immediately when a video begins playing, both in full screen and when it's not in full screen (when the cursor is over the video in the latter case). While I don't know if this is the best, or only, solution, it does solve the problem adequately, until/unless anyone may have a better suggestion. Thanks.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”