New Skin and Now Album Art No Longer Displays

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
AlabamaGhost
New Cone
New Cone

New Skin and Now Album Art No Longer Displays

Postby AlabamaGhost » 04 Nov 2012 03:13

Hey!

I just added default_-- please stay polite --.vlt and now the album art no longer displays. How do I turn the album art back on?

Also, while playing a track, when I drag and drop a new track onto the player, a new player opens up and begins playing. How do I change the preference so that the same player begins playing the newly selected track?

Thanks!

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: New Skin and Now Album Art No Longer Displays

Postby Lotesdelere » 05 Nov 2012 09:57

What are your VLC version and OS ?

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 05 Nov 2012 13:32

It is up to the skin developper to implement display of album art or not. Probably the skin you're using doesn't use this feature.

Technically speaking, if you know how to edit skins, just find or add an image tag where you want the current album art to be displayed and set the art argument to true. See http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins2-create.html#Image for more details.

For question #2, by default dragging a new file onto the skinned playlist won't start a new instance of vlc. Resetting preferences should work out this issue.

t.sinnott94
New Cone
New Cone

Postby t.sinnott94 » 13 Nov 2012 05:19

OK, so I've downloaded a skin (this one:http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=vlc+skin#/d355pqw) and have altered it a bit using the SkinEditor (Which is pretty amazing by the way albeit hard to use) but whenever I check the "show album art" checkbox it crashes when I test it.

I did not create a new bitmap for it. I just used the centre image piece and turned on the show album art option. Is there any other way to do it. I would really like to have my album art showing with the skin I am using.

Cheers

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 13 Nov 2012 12:30

I just added the art display to this skin. This updated skin can be downloaded at http://www.mirari.fr/Wso5

Two additional things have been needed to make it work smoothly :
- ensure the video widget is invisible if no video is launched (otherwise, a black widget is set on top of the art widget)
- add a new image tag rather than reuse the background image, because art is better rendered if aspect ratio is preserved, but still a full black picture is always needed in the background which automatically stretches if resize occurs.

t.sinnott94
New Cone
New Cone

Postby t.sinnott94 » 13 Nov 2012 13:46

Mate you are awesome. I'm having a look at it now to see where I went wrong

Thank you so much.

edit: OK so it works now and its amazing so thank you but I was trying to add a few anchors to the corners of the main screen so that the playlist and EQ screens would look nice and flush without fiddling (I know I know its stupid). Anyway, i got it to work before but now it doesn't seem to want to work. It's so frustrating. I get one thing going and the other just dies on me. Iv'e been trying every possible thing. Adding the anchors to the X=624, Y=0 and giving them range 100ish. I can see the yellow dot. Then I do the same thing for the EQ and playlist except this time X=0, Y=0 and lower priority. I test to see if its working and it doesn't load. Any ideas?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”