Auto resume function (using bash for linux)

Want to help the VideoLAN project? Designers, testers, translators, please come...
This is NOT about GETTING some help.
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
vanderson
New Cone
New Cone

Auto resume function (using bash for linux)

Postby vanderson » 31 Jul 2012 13:09

VLC team,

I've made a bash script (includes instructions on use) that adds an "auto resume" feature to VLC. FWIW this was done fairly quickly and so it's not the most polished code.

https://github.com/vaughnanderson/VLC-R ... _resume.sh

This is the one feature I'd like VLC to have built into it, but I don't have the time to dig into VLC itself to add this. It seems other people also want this feature as well. I am certain there is a better way to script this, but it works well for now and my time is limited.

After writing this script, it seems this functionality may be fairly simple to add to the core of VLC.

Thanks!

zang3tsu
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Auto resume function (using bash for linux)

Postby zang3tsu » 14 Aug 2012 08:00

It works! However I had to install netcat-openbsd for Debian Wheezy because the default netcat does not support 'nc -U'. I also modified the resume directory to $HOME/.vlcresume, since my /tmp directory is always cleared at boot. All in all, thanks!

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Re: Auto resume function (using bash for linux)

Postby DGMurdockIII » 26 Sep 2012 20:37

why isnt this code added to vlc and just improved on

Return to “Contribute and help the VideoLAN project”