Chipmunk

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Chipmunk

Postby Ploppyman » 29 Jun 2012 18:46

Hello everyone,
Please take a minute to check out www.chipmunk-player.com when you can, and feel free to try out an example of the media player I am developing that uses libVlc and other libraries within a 3d interface. It isn't finished but is already looking very good. My aim to to replace wmp with a funkier, more versatile and faster player..... Opinions welcome.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Chipmunk

Postby Ploppyman » 30 Jun 2012 15:54

New version out, fixed an error that crashed out CM after loading VLC plugins....

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 03 Jul 2012 17:36

Fun project.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 03 Jul 2012 21:48

Quite impressive actually :). I get audio feedback (presumably because the microphone is activated). FLAC doesn't work, MP3 played fine :).

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

spider58
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spider58 » 04 Jul 2012 11:10

Do you think to share codes?

and Antivirus Warned me about exe file

Signature: WS.Reputation.1

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 05 Jul 2012 14:18

Thanks, it is a fun project as much fun writing as in using (but not the ironing-out-for-bugs part, that takes some time). But I still have much to do, it is not yet ready for release, for it isn't complete and has some strange bugs here and there. Think a release version should be out soonish.

I know about the antivirus problem, I have to talk to the antivirus guys about that one and get it validated. It's just because the sofware accesses the internet to download images and antiviruses become wary about programs that do this. But, honestly, my program has no evil surprises. Promise...

The microphone is 'on' because i'm testing out a voice changer routine, you'll soon be able to do all sorts of realtime fx on your voice and get it fed back to you. For the mo you can mess around with the slider on the search window the change the pitch of your voice in realtime (cute and silly). One of my final long-term aims is to integrate a 'Skype' equivalent into CM (I have already cracked webcam access by the way, but is disabled for the moment). My project is a very ambitious one, and just as long as I don't lose my motivation (my greatest enemy), I know I am capable...

If you have an extensive amount of songs/vids you can use the search engine in the search window the filter out a song/artist/album/filename.

By the way, F1-F6 will change the camera's angles and the mouse wheel will zoom in/out.

Soon will be able to add sound fx (echo/reverb etc.) on vids.

Will work on flacs....

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 05 Jul 2012 17:33

Okay, new version just out this afternoon, have added flac playback as wanted by Arite. Have activated the webcam window I'm working on too so you can have a look at what CM is capable of. Have fixed some bugs too...

http://www.chipmunk-player.com

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Arite » 05 Jul 2012 19:17

Cheers for adding FLAC :).

However when I run it I get "Chipmunk is already running - cannot run two examples at the same time, dude/dudess!!!". I had uninstalled the previous version prior to installation, and removed the remaining files in Program Files.

Arite.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 05 Jul 2012 20:44

Hello Arite,
Thankyou very much for your support, I really do appreciate it. I think your problem may come from the webpage you may be still connected to, for I named it 'Chipmunk' like the software. I think that the software had detected that window thinking it was another example of itself - this I try to avoid as two or more examples of the same program would really slow down the processor and eat up a lot of memory. So, I have since re-named the site to 'Chipmunk Player' to avoid this so if you reload the webpage, it should rectify the prob. If you had the website open when you ran Chipmunk, this was maybe what was bothering it. I hope it was as simple as that or else I may have to do a bit more thinking (not easy for my age ;D ).

If, however, you still can't get CM to work, I have just uploaded a little update that should fix it.

OMG, bug-testing is like having about 1000 needles in about 20000 undisclosed haystacks.... but I persist....

Thanx again for your interest....

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Arite » 06 Jul 2012 01:18

Ah OK, yes that fixed it (closing Chipmunk Player tab).

FLAC seems to work well :).

Cheers, Arite.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 08 Jul 2012 12:21

Okay, new version out....

Mic now has it's own window with all realtime effects and volume control

Wma playback now available

Image loader now more fluid - should much less disrupt smooth playback of videos....

http://www.chipmunk-player.com

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 10 Jul 2012 18:16

Yes another version available, improved search engine- can use folder as a search criteria now as well as file name, artist name, album and song name.

New demo video on internet site for your viewing pleasure....

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 15 Jul 2012 14:40

Okay, new version out...

www.chipmunk-player.com

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 17 Jul 2012 19:20

Yup, you guessed it, another new update....

Looking good....

www.chipmunk-player.com

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 13 Oct 2012 13:31

Okay, been a few months and I have made many changes/improvements. Please check out and let me know whatcha think...

Site address has changed :

http://chipmunkplayer.free.fr

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 12 Nov 2012 17:25

New update out, many things impoved - including much faster video playback with vlc, including multiple video playback. Great fun

http://chipmunkplayer.free.fr/

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 17 Nov 2012 14:02

New update, you can now add sound fx and pitch changer directly to video playback all in realtime. Never been done before to my knowledge. Really cool, check it out....

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 07 Dec 2012 17:05

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 29 Dec 2012 13:16

New update out, now has it's own 'start' button (please note the animated 'dust' - nice effect to bring user's attention to button). Also has it's own clock...

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 28 Jan 2013 14:33

Lots of new stuff, pay attention especially to the playlist window and the lighting effects on windows (can now have a shiny effect). Random playback integrated too and many bug tweaks.

Windowed mode now works correctly in detecting pointer position. F12 to toggle between window/fullscreen mode.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Chipmunk

Postby Ploppyman » 13 Feb 2013 16:49

Okay, am still working on it of course...

Have to share this with you, as new features are really cool. As usual, there are still many things I can add but still looking better and better. Chipmunk is able to do a heap of stuff already.

Anyway nuff said, the new features are that you can now put a video into fullscreen mode ("like any self-respecting media player", you may say). But the difference with Chipmunk is that you can zoom into and out of the image using the mouse wheel (really fast, check it out). Never been done b4 to my knowledge.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 14 Mar 2013 18:29

New version out, now has icons in file lists (check out image below). Am currently planning to integrate a desktop into chipmunk - will be in a future version...

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 14 Apr 2013 12:12

New version out now, will now automatically download and show lyrics of currently played music. Cd playback (with realtime effects directly available with copying first to hd!!) now integrated too. Just select the drive in the file explorer. Dvd playback works equally, although no mouse for the moment, to navigate the dvd menus use the keyboard cursors and the keypad 'enter'. otherwise, works great.

chipmunkplayer.free.fr

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 15 Apr 2013 17:34

Have been working hard this weekend on CM. Have now included youtube. Has to be tried to be believed, type something in the search window of CM, a window will appear on youtube videos available on you tube relating to search criteria. Click on an item in the window's list and chipmunk will the display the corresponding youtube vid in it's interface. All realtime effects, as usual, are available to use on videos.

I haven't completely finished with the youtube routines, only the first twenty search results appear in the search results window for example. But the routines are completely operable.

Enjoy...

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 17 Apr 2013 16:38

Thanks to a little help from sherington, I have now resolved the problem that showed the superimposed title of any video and is now hidden.

Return to “Development around libVLC”