Some hotkeys do not work

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Dirkk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Some hotkeys do not work

Postby Dirkk » 13 Jun 2012 12:22

Some short cuts / hotkeys do not work (not global), e.g. the ones for setting bookmarks (Ctrl+F1...) and for going to a bookmark (F1...). And I cannot set / change hotkeys in "Hotkeys", when I try to add / change a hotkey (entering the new short cut) anything happens.

What could I do?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Some hotkeys do not work

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 Jun 2012 09:44

Looks like some might be already used by another app or even the OS itself.
There are some free hotkeys checkers available, pick one and check your system. But at the end you may have to use a different keys combination than the one you have planned to use.

Dirkk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dirkk » 14 Jun 2012 11:18

OK, thank you, Lotesdelere.

Yes, I am aware of that, but I cannot enter any hotkey, regardless of which one I try to enter (for testing) in "Preferences", "Hotkeys". By double clicking the...oh no, I made a mistake I see now as I am trying again...I thought I have to enter the hotkey by clicking the hotkey line and then enter it, but I have to double click it and then enter in the popped up window....I will going on trying...

...sorry, many thanks for helping.

...which portable short cut checker would you recommend?

As I see now, I cannot set any new shortcut, which works with the bookmarks, it is not possible to create a bookmark using the one of the new shortcuts. And the shortcut checker I tried didn' t work either.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 15 Jun 2012 09:20

which portable short cut checker would you recommend?
I remember I've used shortcutkeys.exe years ago but I have no idea if it's still up to date, especially on new OSes like Seven and x64, so don't quote me on that.
As I see now, I cannot set any new shortcut, which works with the bookmarks, it is not possible to create a bookmark using the one of the new shortcuts. And the shortcut checker I tried didn' t work either.
Or maybe you have something creating troubles with the Qt4 interface, like a tablet drivers ?

Dirkk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dirkk » 15 Jun 2012 12:21

Thanks for the link, I will try...it works with Win 7, also. Didn' t find any shortcut...can that be the truth...?..I cannot imagine...

Code: Select all

Or maybe you have something creating troubles with the Qt4 interface, like a tablet drivers ?
I don not assume, never heard of Qt4, but I think I do not have it on my system, I do not use any tablets.

dax66
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: media player 2.0.3
Operating System: Windows, Android

Postby dax66 » 02 Aug 2012 14:15

HI, did you eventually managed to bookmark? I'm also puzzled.

I found this http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation: ... interfaces
"
% vlc --key-<function> <code>

Code is composed by modifiers keys (Alt, Shift, Ctrl, Meta,Command) separated by a dash (-) and terminated by a key (a...z, +, =, -, ',', +, <, >, `, /, ;, ', \, [, ], *, Left, Right, Up, Down, Space, Enter, F1...F12, Home, End, Menu, Esc, Page Up, Page Down, Tab, Backspace, Mouse Wheel Up and Mouse Wheel Down). Main controls are available from hotkeys, such as : fullscreen, play-pause, faster, slower, next, prev, stop, quit, vol-up, etc. (use the --longhelp option for full list of functions).

For example, for binding fullscreen to Ctrl-f, run:
% vlc --key-fullscreen 'Ctrl-f'
"

Dirkk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dirkk » 02 Aug 2012 15:34

Sorry, any idea, alas.

dax66
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dax66 » 14 Aug 2012 15:52

I've just got 'mail "This topic has received a reply" but i can't see it.
14 Aug '12

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Aug 2012 17:18

I've just got 'mail "This topic has received a reply" but i can't see it.
14 Aug '12
It could be a spammer.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

dax66
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dax66 » 14 Aug 2012 17:43

HI, let me now take this opportunity and ask why no answer to the initial question. especially i posted a similar problem in another topic the same withoout answer, and it seems something strictly basic regarding VCL.
Some short cuts / hotkeys do not work (not global), e.g. the ones for setting bookmarks (Ctrl+F1...) and for going to a bookmark (F1...)....

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”