How to stream via vlc Android version

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
farhanahmed
New Cone
New Cone

How to stream via vlc Android version

Postby farhanahmed » 15 May 2012 14:42

Hi all,
I don't know either im posting in a correct forum or not so please this is not a correct forum please redirect my post to the correct forum.
I am a student in a German university i have a project in which im using vlc android source code.im not a good android developer... I am connected with a computer via wifi, i need to stream a video from the computer im connected by using vlc Android app i compiled source code for HTC hero, i need to know how can i do Streaming on vlc android from the computer with which im connected via wifi do i have to write any code or do i have make changes in the code?
Really need help!

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: How to stream via vlc Android version

Postby edwardw » 25 Jun 2012 04:21

Hi all,
I don't know either im posting in a correct forum or not so please this is not a correct forum please redirect my post to the correct forum.
I am a student in a German university i have a project in which im using vlc android source code.im not a good android developer... I am connected with a computer via wifi, i need to stream a video from the computer im connected by using vlc Android app i compiled source code for HTC hero, i need to know how can i do Streaming on vlc android from the computer with which im connected via wifi do i have to write any code or do i have make changes in the code?
Really need help!
Streaming documentation is here:

http://wiki.videolan.org/Streaming

Basically I think a HTTP stream with OGG+OGV or MP4+MP3(TS) would work, use "Open MRL" feature to open it on the Android, be sure to use latest git master as of June 24, 2012.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”